2011年4月24日星期日

Response to Brainwashed

Read Article "Brainwashed - seven ways to reinvent yourself" by clicking here.


       In this article, Seth Godin provides readers several ways to reinvent themselves. The first layer is “Connect”. As his saying, connecting with other peoples will help them open minds and get influences from outside. Interacting other people is a good way to crate art and ideas. This layer works to me. I opened a blog for media class in the beginning of this quarter; we posted our assignments and projects on blog every week. Also, we can get extra points if we read and make comments of our classmates’ blog posts. This is one way to connect with my classmates. We work for same project and share our work through blogging. Sometimes, my classmates’ ideal inspired me when I read their blog. It reminded me the weaknesses of my works and I would pay attention on that part when I do my next project.  It helped me complete my projects better.

       The second layer I want to discuss is “”Acknowledge The Lizard”. The author mentions the fear and worry from our brain is the resistance of our creativity. We need to break hesitate and get reward from the risks. I think lizard brain effects me a lot. I am the kind of person who wants peace and safe. The risks always let me worry about the perfect degree of my works.  For example, I may just follow the direction and make sure I have done every requirement from our teacher when I am doing my blog assignments as usual.  However, I looked some blog examples from students that took this class in previous quarters, I was inspired that my blog could be more individuation. For example, I like photographing so I can post my favorite photos on the blog that will not lower my grade, instead, it makes my blog looks more interesting and full of individuation. This is one chance that I break out my lizard brain and get reward form the risk. 

没有评论:

发表评论