2011年4月3日星期日

1B Response to reading: WAYS TO GET IDEAS



This article “14 Ways to get Breakthrough Ideas” from Mitch Ditkoff guides readers to find things that will inspire themselves and provide them suggestions to find new ideas easier. People sometimes will miss their inspiration or do not ralize their inspiration. They need be pointed out where is the inspiration and how to get them. It depends their hoppy, the way they are thinking their living environment and etc. The author wants to let reader know the ideas exist in their life everywhere and they need to find way realize them and turn these potential ideas into real breakthrough ideas. Also, the author provides reader prompt to follow up, it help readers start finding their ideas right after reading this article.
In my own experience, the first tip, which is “follow your fascination”, is most useful method for me to get new ideas. More interest and hobbies provide more ways to thing and receive information. Hence, follow your curious and find out every thing you want to know or want to learn. For instance, I am an amateur photographer so I go out with my camera every day. Every new scenery or experiences can fascinate me because I like to record them by my camera. Hence I usually go over my all photo albums during I am thinking new ideas. It does work for me. Also the fascinating things usually capture my all attention in short time. I will concentrate on it and spend my all time to exploit it. I can find breakthrough ideas during my exploration of the fascinating things.
“Hang out with diverse groups of people” also a useful tip for me to find breakthrough ideas. I am in a team of one web radio station in my hometown. It was settled up by a group of my high school classmates. This web radio show comes once a month and the toughest thing of creation is thing the theme of the next show. Every time we have trouble to think an attractive theme, I will hang out with my other friends instead of my team partners. During the conversation with these diverse groups of people I am inspired by their school life, personal relationship or the hottest topic in their group. These out-side experiences help me to think a theme that more appropriate to our audience’ taste. If we always stay with people in the same field of us, our imaginative power will be limited in the small group. We need outside resource to enrich our imagination. Furthermore, hanging out with diverse groups of people can help you release your mind and take a break. Distracting from your work for a while can help you get over the stuck. I usually deal with my trouble in this way; too much concentrate will limit my inspiration. I need to relax and reopen mind to other things in order to gain breakthrough ideas.
I think “Listen to my subconscious” dose not work for me. It is a bad suggestion because our subconscious is too hard to record and find.
We have lots of subconscious for everything happened in our dairy life but when we decide to put them into a log, they will not be subconscious anymore. Sometimes, they disappear. I think subconscious just a feeling; it’s too emotional and subjective. It may not be able to give us a right direction to thinking ideas. Our breakthrough ideas of our projects need more feasibility. Also, I cannot remember my dreams at all so the dreams cannot became my breakthrough ideas.
I choose the prompt from the first suggestion, which is “What new idea is fascinating you? What new possibility has captured your attention? In what ways can you honor this inspiration today? ” Taking Polaroid photo to record my life every day is one thing fascinates me because I have heard a person keep taking Polaroid photo through his entire life and their family uploaded these photos after died. It lasts for more than 30 years. Some people can find what he was doing on their birthdays. I am interested in this story because it the spiciest way to record life that I have never seen. Beside, I think the online interesting news and some information from famous photographer can possible capture my attention because I love photographing. I keep tacking several well-known photo exhibitions for long time and sometimes the theme of exhibition is so interesting and special. Moreover, refreshing news on Internet and searching the relative news of my interest every day help me to get the inspiration.

没有评论:

发表评论