2011年5月1日星期日

3B.Critique three Soundscape Assignments






Maddie and Becca ‘s Soundscape

This soundscape impresses me. The picture and the main melody of soundscape work in same function of showing “guilty”. The noise from forest in the beginning, the noise from water, the sound from thunder rain and the heartbeat in the end are separate sounds but they are linked and create the sad mood for the soundscape. The sound from the forest creates a wide feeling of space to me as a listener firstly. Then the sound from water creates a depth, it sounds like the people is falling deeper and deeper into the sea. The space becomes smaller. After that, the heartbeat changes the space to limited. It sounds like the people breaths harder and harder in the deep sea. Both of the sounds make me feel the changing of space clearly. As the background sounds change from forest to sea until the deep sea, I can also feel the time of the person’s movement. It sounds like he/she walks through forest then keeps walking to the sea. Finally he/she is sinking into the deep sea and his/her breath becomes harder. I can image that all of this person’s movement due to his/her guilty.

Mogan and Meghan’s Soundscape

Mogan and Meghan’s Soundscape make me feel nervous and creepy. Even though I cannot distinguish what kinds of sounds you layered but they sounds similar ambiguous. The ring bell from the church provides me an image of space. Also, the all sound effects include echo so they make me think the space is opened.  The different sounds changes based on a same temple and show me a sense of direction and movement. Furthermore, the basic temple sound starts with a low volume and becomes higher and sounds harder in the end. This change creates distance.

Maggie’s soundscape

Maggie’s soundscape works well on creating the speed to show anticipation. The quick temple and pictures that have strong contrast give the similar motion. They make the temple quicker and quicker to create a sense of movement. Also the change of volume and instruments make me feel ambiguous. The fastest temple in the middle makes me feel the hard eager. I think the sound of electric guitar make the space limited. The sounds quality 

1 条评论:

  1. Yingqi - you're using the word temple when you mean tempo. Make sure you start using tempo instead! :)

    回复删除