2011年5月29日星期日

9A.Reflections on the Gaming presentation


We did a gaming presentation in Friday’s lab last week. We were showing the ideas of our strategy game about college life. We explained our characters, audios, gaming rules and mechanics. 
In our gaming presentation, I think we did a great job on classifying our game characters. The five social circles that we think are interesting and fit the real college life. And we create the sample of our characters. Their outfit, hairstyle, accessories and etc identify them clearly. These elements are showing the tradition of American college life especially for me as a foreigner. I think target the potential players for game is an important job during creation. Unfortunately, we don’t clear explain our game’s goal and how our game is fun to play on the presentation.  I think the additional important goal of our game is let people experience American college life. For example, I had not ideas about American college life before I came to American. When I still in China, I was afraid about what would happen when I arrived here. If there was a game like ours at that time, I could play and see what were the common characters and events that would happen in the future. I think I might get lots of help from these kinds a game at that time. So our game can especially help the players who are outside of this country and want to know American or American college.
I think the most difficult thing to discuss with others is the rules because the rule is too broad to discuss. We only can show a little bit part of the rules during presentation. During our creating process, every member can come out several rules each day, the rules are so detail and we need a lot of time to organize them and category them. For example, there are rules of leveling up, there are rule of completing missions, also there are rule to moving in the virtual world and etc. Hence, I think the rule is the difficult think to discuss and complete. All in all, I pretty like our ideas of game and I feel confident of it.

没有评论:

发表评论